Monday 2 February 2015

My Big Little Girl


My daughter turned 16 months last week and is getting ready to attend playgroup in two months. Visiting various playschools last Tues has made me too acutely aware that she is growing up. 

Her dad, grandmother and myself have been the centre of her world so far but in a few months' time it would be opened up to... well, the world... 

I have been plagued with a whirlwind of emotions. For one, I am so irrationally fearful that the world would dilute her love for me. Secondly, never being popular in school, I worry that she may have to go through the same lonely path as I did. But at the same time, I am excited for her to start making her mark in this world.

I can only pray that God will bless her with abundant favour, that she will be secure in His and our love and that her spirit will never be dampened by people. 

This big little girl will always be my baby...

No comments:

Post a Comment