Wednesday 10 October 2012

Encounters with God at KK (Part 3)

There is so much for me to share just on Day 3 alone. So, I'm gonna break it up into two parts. Here's my God encounter in the moning of Day 3:

Insights into God’s Heart
On Day 3, we had a short prophetic exercise in the morning. We were asked to find a partner and to release prophetic words over our own nation. After that, Ps. Serena instructed us to each pick a country from a particular region she gave and to prophesy over it. I became rather nervous because I really didn’t know much about the country I picked. So, as Albert prophesied over P, I prayed in tongues to tune in my senses to God about SA.  Something new happened as I did that – my tongue/language turned heavy and became like groans. The groaning felt so sorrowful and full of anguish. The tongue/language was still the same one I had received two nights ago but the words were pulled longer until they sounded like groaning. The Holy Spirit allowed me to understand God’s feelings towards SA through my utterance in tongues.

In the same way, the Spirit also helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. (Romans 8:26-27)

The groaning represented God’s pain and aching for that nation to see the Truth. I then used that insight into God’s heart to prophesy over the nation and as I did that, the emotions I had felt earlier on when I prayed in tongues overflowed into my prophetic utterance. It is just truly amazing when we are allowed access to what God feels.


To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment