Tuesday 2 October 2012

The Angel in Black

I intended to attend Che Ahn's "Hosting the Holy Spirit" conference on Sunday and Monday nights but in the end, I was only there the first night. Pastor Che Ahn shared his testimony and spoke a little bit on how to initiate church revival before going into a time of ministering.

The interesting thing that happened for me was, seeing an angel dressed in black standing at Pastor Che Ahn's right hand. It happened within just a blink of an eye. I immediately shrugged it off as I couldn't discern for a fact that it was from God, the fact that the angel wore black and it wasn't accompanied by awe and wonder. Furthermore, I had been yearning to see much more of the supernatural for quite some time now, so there was that possibility of my own spirit conjuring up that vision.

So anyways, a little bit later into the conference, Pastor Che Ahn shared about his moving to Pasadena. He said that he had a dream where a "black angel" called him to go to Los Angeles as there was going to be a great revival there. Oh boy, when I saw the angel in black, I thought to myself, "black angel?" Exact same words Pastor Che Ahn used to describe the man in his encounter! Of course, I later found out online that the angel he was referring to appeared to him as a black man. But come on, how coincidental is that, right?

Now, I think that my vision of the angel dressed in black could be from God. Because I am not very good at noticing details, God had to show me the angel in black robes for the 'black' to jump out at me! Hence, the term "black angel" I used to describe that vision even before Pastor Che Ahn shared about his dream.

I called my Pastor on the way home and he asked that I pray about the purpose of seeing such a vision at this point in time. At that, I scratched my head and said, "It's for my own encouragement and edification since I have been asking God to open my spiritual eyes?" But because my Pastor has an apostolic calling, he views things in a bigger and wider light. He wonders whether it has anything to do with our church direction since the angel encounter represented the start of a major shift in Che Ahn's ministry or church planting life. Will have to pray for greater discernment of spirits and also for interpretation. But, I am excited!       

No comments:

Post a Comment